We are only 2 days shy of our due date and still no baby. I really never thought we'd make it this far. I felt for sure she would have been here in the past week. I know God has a plan for her, so that's fine, but He needs to instill some patience in her mommy and daddy!
I have been lucky enough to have my Spring Break to rest and do some things with Courtney and spend time with Rob. It is getting increasingly hard for me to be on my feet for long periods and do things around the house. I put in a load of laundry and then sleep ... and then forget about it for a few days, but hey, I'm trying!
Yesterday I felt sick on my stomach most of the day. I don't know if its the greasy breakfast and lunch I had yesterday or if it is my body getting ready. Probably some of both. I was almost sad when the nausea stopped because I at least thought maybe labor was starting. Oh well! It's so hard not to focus on every twinge and contraction and google any and everything that may have to do with going into labor. I know none of it matters until its really time and I'm sure when that happens I'll freak out and want it to stop :) I just know how I am. "NO! Not now. I'm not ready!"
I know you can go from feeling fine to being in labor, but I just feel pretty good right now. I am losing a lot of liquidy fluid (TMI) but I have been for a couple weeks now and the doctors said 2 weeks ago that my amniotic fluid looked good and I had it tested maybe 3 weeks ago and the doctor said it wasn't amniotic fluid. It's still freaking me out though.
I am hoping God's plan was to have momma and baby both be Easter Sunday babies. (I was born on Easter sunday 27 years ago) It would be neat for my daughter to also be born on such a wonderful day.
Until then, there are movies to watch and couches and beds to lay on. I should really enjoy these days as much as possible. Everyone says once the baby comes you can never even remember your "former life". I guess I understand this, but won't know until its here.
No comments:
Post a Comment