Sunday, April 10, 2011

What we're up to...

My new least favorite part of pregnancy = the waiting game. We are soooo close to the end and knowing I could go into labor any day, hour or minute is almost enough to drive you crazy. It's really all I can think about right now (on the weekends at least... during the week I'm too busy/tired to do much more than work, come home, eat and sleep) With the scare we had about a month ago, I just kind of assumed I wouldn't make it all the way to 40 weeks with baby Emmeline, but now I'm starting to think she likes her tummy home. I keep thinking, "I wish you would come on out" and then I will think "I could use another week..." or "Maybe you should just wait until your due date." I just sit and wonder when it will happen, what it will feel like, how it will happen. Will my water break? Will I just start having horribly painful contractions? Will I even realize it when I'm starting labor since I've had "practice" contractions for-ev-er. Will we freak out? Will Rob freak out or be calm? Will it happen at home or at school??? Night or day? I really don't want to wish/worry/wonder these 2 weeks away. I look around right now and its been a beautiful Sunday spent with my husband and now we're on the couch, fat and happy after dinner, watching TV, playing on the computer and just being quiet. Life is going to change a lot and I've found myself now saying "Will this be our last Sunday?" "Will this be our last fun night out with friends?" Sounds so ominous. Like life is going to be over. Our life as just the two of us will, but we are so excited to introduce little Emmeline into it. She is going to be such a joy. :) As for now, we are up to the waiting game. Sitting around, staring at each other, just wondering when this precious gift will be sent to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment