Saturday, April 9, 2011

Almost 38 weeks!

I can't believe it. We are SO close to meeting this baby girl. I am excited/nervous/scared/overwhelmed/ready! The past month has really been a blur and I feel like it's flying by. Things are pretty much ready. We have to install the car seat bases in our cars, finish the pack and play set-up and we are waiting on the stroller to arrive. It should be here next week. Everything else is just waiting for sweet Emmeline! Updates... -Went to the doctor last week before my 37 week appt because I was leaking fluid and didn't know if my water had broken. It hadn't, thankfully. I am a worrier. But during the NST, the dr. said her heart rate had dipped low at one point and she wanted to send me to Labor and Delivery to monitor it for a couple hours. If it did it again, they may induce me. Oh, Ok! No problem! I called Rob, he freaked out a little bit, but then came to meet me and we just hung out in the hospital for a couple hours and watched TV. They let us go home and told us everything was good. We met some more nurses and they were all very nice. -I am 2 CM dilated and about 60% effaced. These stats don't really mean squat, considering some people go from 0 to baby and some people walk around dilated for months. I guess I am glad that we are progressing, less to get through at the hospital? -Doctor told me I still needed to keep gaining weight. This has been so weird for me during pregnancy. Some people tell me I'm huge and about to pop. Others tell me how cute I am and how I only look pregnant from the front. Oh well. I am eating as much as I can and have gained about 30-35 pounds. -I will be so glad to have my body back, or something closely resembling my former body. It is such a pain not to be able to bend, stretch, or even sleep... -Sleep is downright PAINFUL some days. I am so uncomfortable and toss and turn and wake up sore as can be. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday for my 38 week check-up. I am glad they made it for earlier in the week. Like Rob said, I probably won't even make it in. I'll think something else is wrong with me before Tuesday. Yes, I've been a bit of a worrier towards the end of the pregnancy, but I have to assume thats normal for first time moms. I mean, I don't know what anything is supposed to feel like or what's supposed to happen and google only helps so much. Most of all, I just want to make sure our baby girl is healthy! I can't believe we've made it this far after our scare at 33 weeks. I am also officially off my Procardia which was the medicine to help calm my uterus/contractions (By the way, I don't think this really helped much) But yeah, the doctor doesn't want to stop any real contractions that may start, so that's exciting. The countdown is on... When will she come?

No comments:

Post a Comment