I had bought Emmeline a sweet Rosalina smocked white gown with some pink roses at the top to wear home. I was hoping it would fit her. (Remember she almost weighed 10 lbs!) Luckily it fit her and we got her all dressed up. (**pictures to come**)
It was finally time to go around 1 or 2 o'clock. Mom and Rob packed all our things up in the cars and a sweet old man wheeled Emmeline and I downstairs to the lobby. I felt like I sat there in the wheelchair forever as some creepy hospital guests and visitors would come by and try to talk to me and EEK, touch the baby! I probably shot them a death stare, but that's okay.
Finally, I saw Rob pulling up. The hospital pick-up/drop-off lane was super busy, so we had quite a hectic getting in the car. We fumbled around to put her in the car seat (which we didn't know how to use. who knew I had to pull a cord to get those straps tight?) Glad we were just going down the street! I knew Emmy looked like she was flopping all around. I am not ashamed to admit that I didn't know how to put her in her carseat. Of course she also spit up all over her dress, but it wasn't too bad.
Rob and I arrived home about 2 minutes later and I took some pictures of him getting her out of the car. I can't lift anything over 10 lbs, so he was on car seat duty. My mom went to Chargrill to get us some lunch. It was almost 3pm by now and after that hospital stay, I was starving.
We brought Emmy in and let Brinkley (our golden retriever) sniff her out. He was pretty excited/overwhelmed, just like we were!
I don't know if it was me still being SO sleepy, drugged and generally feeling like poop, but the house didn't even look the same to me when we brought her in. I was super overwhelmed (you will hear that word a lot over these first weeks!) We put her in her bouncy seat and sat that on top of the table and we ate our lunch.
I still felt horrible the rest of the day. I failed to mention that apparently I was anemic and the nurse didn't let me know until we were discharging that I needed to be doing x, y, z. I had run out of pre-natal vitamins right before I went into labor and apparently my iron was really low. I promptly began taking vitamins again and eating foods they told me to.
The first night we were home, the Willis's came to visit baby Emmeline and brought us some DELICIOUS cheesy chicken casserole. I was very happy to see them, but was still feeling horrible and don't remember much of the visit. It was very sweet of them to come over on the first night we were home. I believe that we went to see them the first day their son Berkley was home almost 2 years ago.
Rob was occupied the first night home with the NFL draft. Cam Newton was the number one pick to the Panthers. Yay! Maybe they will have a better season this year.
I layed on the couch, yep, still feeling bad and scared to sleep because I was having trouble breathing. I finally fell asleep around 1 a.m. Emmeline slept great in her Moses basket the first night and only woke up to feed and Mommy finally slept AWESOME. The next night/morning was not-so-great. We had wondered what we had gotten ourselves into...
No comments:
Post a Comment