Monday, January 3, 2011

24 Weeks

Where is the time going? I can't believe how fast and slow this pregnancy seems to be going. I feel like it's speeding up now, but I also feel like I've been pregnant forever.

At 24 weeks, baby Emmeline is about a foot long, or the size of an ear of corn and my uterus is about the size of a soccer ball. NO KIDDING. I have definitely popped out a ton over break. When we came back to school teacher's joked that I really "got pregnant" over break. I had a child stop in mid-song just to exclaim "Look at that BABY!" I had to stop and laugh. It's true. I've got quite the belly and will shamelessly say I have gained about 16 pounds, even though the doctor's scale says about 20. WHEW. I know you are supposed to gain about a pound a week, so I hope I can just limit it to that.

I am getting to the point in the pregnancy where things are starting to get more and more uncomfortable. I had horrible pain in my ribs for about two weeks, but the doctor explained about my ribs "flaring out" and that its normal. I am also having trouble breathing which sends me in to a bit of a panic at times. Bending over is more uncomfortable and I get out of breath walking up the stairs. Sleeping is really hit or miss with me, but the doctor advised me of some things that were "safe" to take to help with sleep, so I was glad of that.

I know things are only going to continue to get more uncomfortable, so bring it on. I can't believe I'm going to be in my 3rd trimester in just a few weeks. I feel so unprepared, but I guess that's normal. I'm lucky that my mom is coming up next week to help clean out the office so we can turn it into a nursery. Not too many nesting urges yet, but I hope it kicks in so I can get things done. Our house is a disaster zone from Christmas. It's my project to start getting it in order this weekend!

Will hopefully add a 24 week bump picture soon or you may just have to wait until 25 weeks. (All 3 of you that read this blog. Is anyone out there? Please follow if you are!)

No comments:

Post a Comment