I am so excited and so thankful to have my sweet momma and 2 of my dad's men coming up today to clean out our office room, move all that stuff to the basement, and clean the nasty basement. This is a big project that I have done a little work on, but definitely not enough. I cleaned up the office room this week to get the stuff ready to be moved out of there and down to the basement, but the basement is what needs MAJOR work. Its dirty, messy, disorganized, etc. And we've had a family of mice living down there eating through some coats I had in boxes and using the bathroom everywhere. Yes, its gross. I told you.
We are out of school today because of icy roads. All the main roads are clear, but there are plenty roads in the county that are still icy I suppose. Who knows if we'll even go tomorrow. The only bad thing about having school closed is they make it an optional workday, so I have to come in. (More rants on this on my regular blog later)
Anyway, I am at work now, but heading home soon to see my mom and help with the cleanout. I will be so excited when that room is EMPTY tonight and I can get in there with all my cleaning supplies and scrub her room all up and start picturing all the things that will be in it soon.
More to come later... xoxo!
Edited to add: Whew. I am EXHAUSTED. I should have stayed away from the house while they did all the work, but a lot of the junk in the basement I had to go through and tell what to keep and what to throw away. It took about 4 hours to get everything in the basement cleaned, picked through, and re-organized and then move all the furniture from the office either upstairs or throw out or in the basement. It's done and I couldn't be happier. The basement looks awesome and I won't be so grossed out everytime I go down there to wash clothes. The nursery is almost cleared out, just some miscellaneous things to get out and then its CLEANING time. Watch out!
No comments:
Post a Comment