Well I'm 26 weeks and I'm huge! I'll get a picture this weekend for 27 weeks. I am feeling good. Had some trouble breathing last week, but that has gotten better as I think she has moved around some to a better position. I am still having some trouble sleeping as well. Last night I miraculously slept 5 hours in a row, but still at 3:15 am I woke up and rolled around and drifted in and out of sleep. SO frustrating, but it's okay.
I am feeling her move a lot more now. She was going crazy last night for Rob. (Probably because she knew he was putting her crib together soon!) I have even started to feel more distinct body parts. All of a sudden there will be a big hard lump on my belly like her skull poking out of me. It kind of freaks me out and feels really weird, but is also such a miraculous thing that it takes my breath away everytime. When I sit with my laptop in an uncomfortable position she'll kick or punch at it. If I rest my arms or hands on my belly in certain places she'll kick my hand and it makes me jump sometimes! I love feeling her. It's so amazing.
Rob and I finally registered for a car seat, stroller, pack and play, high chair (some of the bigger items) so that has made me feel good. I have gotten to the point where I am starting to feel behind, but I know there is not much a newborn "needs" besides a place to sleep, diapers, food and its loving parents.
Tomorrow is my glucose screening and I think everyone probably gets nervous for this. I am not a healthy eater at all, but I have pretty good genes, so I am hoping it all turns out fine. I just can't wait to taste this nasty sugary drink everyone has been talking about. My friend Courtney says they have a fruit punch option at some places. Sounds much better than the orange drink room temperature. All I hope is that momma and baby continue to be healthy. I am more afraid of getting on the scale. I gasped a few weeks ago at my weight (140) and am scared I've gained more since then. My best friend Courtney gained 8 pounds at once according to her baby blog, so maybe I can gain 10 at once and beat her!
Emmeline now weighs about a pound and two thirds and is the size of an English hothouse cucumber (What the heck is that?!) For her to still be really small, why am I SO big? I laugh because I know I will get bigger. I have tried to embrace the changes as much as possible, but even my maternity clothes are getting a little uncomfortable. Certain waistbands seem to bother her and dig into me. I guess it'll be time for more shopping soon.
I have my first baby shower coming up in the middle of February. I am very excited about this. My mom and female relatives are kind enough to have a party for me in Rocky Mount. It will be fun to see family and friends and finally start receiving some of the necessities for her. (And of course one or two totally unecessary "just because they're cute" items!) ;)
I feel so blessed to have so many loving people in my life during this time. Baby Emmeline is already so loved and she is not even here yet. I can only imagine what the next few months will bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment