Wednesday, January 26, 2011

27 weeks... almost THIRD TRIMESTER time!


No, that's not a soccer ball under my shirt, it's definitely Miss Emmeline. She (and I) are growing by leaps and bounds each week. I am hoping that it will level off in the upcoming weeks, but with the way my appetite is increasing, I doubt that will happen!
With 27 weeks brings some horrible sleep and some great sleep. It really just depends on the day and whether or not she wants to kick me all night or if I have really bad leg cramps or a sore back. Having to use the bathroom all the time has gotten better, even though I just hear it gets worse in the third trimester as the baby gets bigger and starts dancing on my bladder again.
Stats: This week Emmeline weighs about 2 pounds! (Which, according to babycenter.com is about the size of a head of cauliflower.) She is about 14 and a half inches long with her legs extended. Yeah, I can believe that one. I feel her kick at one end of the stomach and punch up at the top at the same time. She's a long one I think! She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals. Yes, she sleeps when I'm at work and is awake when I'm resting!! One thing I find neat is that she is opening and closing her eyes now. I wonder what she sees in there. Her brain is also very active. She should be very smart when she gets here with all the teaching she has to listen to. I know she'll know my voice. (Let's just hope she's not scared of it!)
My stress with the pregnancy has shifted (for the time being at least... my mood can change at any instant!) from being super stressed and frantic, to being calm and thankful and just enjoying it! I know that the pregnancy will be over soon (and my husband will be very happy!) but I want to take the time to enjoy every second of every day feeling her move and praising God for this blessing inside of me.
Thanks, as always, to Courtney (http://cmjw13.blogspot.com/) for the weekly update pic. Sorry for my crazy hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment