Well, it wasn't as bad as everyone says it is. I was dreading drinking "the drink" (which some people had told me was room temperature flat orange sugary soda) To my surprise, I was offered a bottle of fruit punch out of the refridgerator! I sat down in the waiting area and decided I just had to chug it. BLEH. It was pretty disgusting. Kind of like a really sugary gross gatorade, but it wasn't THAT bad. I managed to drink it in under 3 or 4 minutes. Then I had to do the least fun part... wait an hour before having my blood drawn.
It wouldn't have been that bad if I had seen the doctor during this hour wait, but she was in surgery and wouldn't be back until 4 or so (when my hour was up) so we decided to just wait for her. The hour wait was miserable. The drink started making me feel bad, I was already exhausted and the girl next to me had on the WORST perfume. I thought I was going to vomit.
The nurse took my blood pressure: good. Weighed me: 145... I have gained a little over 20 pounds. WHOA. I peed in a cup and waited some more. She then let me know that I would also have to have a pap test. GREAT. That's just what else I want to do.
My hour was up, got my blood drawn by a different lady than normal, but she ROCKED. I hardly felt it go in and she was finished quickly without a lot of poking looking for my vein. After this it still took the doctor until about 4:30 to get there, but once she did I was first.
I had to have a pap. OUCH. I hate having this done. I mentioned to the doctor during this quick little check "How am I ever going to deliver this baby if this bothers me?" She really didn't respond... she was probably thinking that I was in for quite a treat!!! Once that was over, she measured my stomach= measuring great! She listened for Emmeline's heartbeat (after getting kicked in the hand by that sweet girl) The heartbeat sounded perfect and being hormonal (and since Rob wasn't with me) I decided to cry for a minute while listening. She said everything is going just perfect. (Words I like to hear!) I asked her if I'd gained too much weight and she said no... good answer, Doc. I also asked about birthing classes which I am dreading, but she gave me a list and we can kind of pick and choose what we want to attend -- pain management is at the TOP of my list.
I am 27 weeks today and can't believe it. Only 13 more to go. I have 3 showers and a work shower scheduled for February and March. We have Emmeline's furniture but haven't put it together yet. I haven't quite been in the right frame of mind to tackle it, but I am thinking one night this week (Get excited, hubby!)
No comments:
Post a Comment