Monday, January 31, 2011

3rd trimester and a PAIN IN THE BUTT! (literally)

Well, it's here ... I am officially in my 3rd and final trimester. I can't believe it, but at the same time I feel like I've been pregnant forrreverrrrrr. I know Rob will be glad when it's over... he is tired of me being pregnant and I think he's a little jealous that I get to feel Emmeline all the time. He is just ready to meet her and have her be outta my belly!

As my second trimester turned into my third last night I had the WORST sciatica pain. Pregnant ladies... did you have this? Normally I can switch from one side to the other while sleeping and be okay, but last night it was pain on one side and then pain on the other shooting down from my lower back all down my leg. It was HORRIBLE. In hindsight, I should have probably taken some Tylenol to see if that helped. (I took some this morning to help with the leftover pain)

Besides the sciatica pain, she was kicking and punching up a storm. Most likely it was from all my shifting back and forth "throwing her off balance" and waking her up. Sorry little sweet girl!

I am excited/nervous for my third trimester. I can't believe that it's really almost over and that she'll be here before we know it. I am also ready to meet her, but need to take these next 12 weeks to really relax and enjoy my time with my husband, as it won't just be us any longer.

Any tips, advice, or things I need to know for my third trimester? Much appreciated!!!

1 comment:

  1. This baby has been sitting on my nerve the ENTIRE pregnancy. I seriously have a permanent numbness over my left knee. If I am on my feet a lot (which is often) then the pain sharpens and shoots down my leg. It is awful and its unlike anything I have ever felt, thus making it hard to describe to others. My husband doesn't get it, so he isn't very understanding on that part! Im sorry you are experiencing it, but glad I am not alone (sorry thats horrible of me!)

    congrats on 3rd trimester! 2 more weeks and I am there!

    ReplyDelete