Tuesday, January 11, 2011

25 weeks

Really? I only have 15 more weeks to go. The time is continuing to move fast, which, in turn, is making me move faster on getting things ready for baby girl. I know I need to slow down for a minute, breathe and just enjoy it all. I am enjoying it, just at a really fast pace :)

At 25 weeks, Emmeline is about 13 and a half inches long. (And I can feel every bit of that length as she kicks and punches opposite sides of my tummy at once!) She weighs about a pound and a half, about the size of a rutabaga. Apparently, she is developing hair and if I could see inside you could see the color and texture. WEIRD.

Things continue to go really well, except for some trouble sleepin that is continuing and acid reflux. (I keep Tums in my car, purse, night stand and medicine cabinet) Last week, I woke up every morning at 3 a.m. on the dot. It was so weird. I would go to the bathroom and then lay back down, but never really get back into deep sleep. I wasn't anxious and I wasn't thinking about things, I was just laying there drifting in and out. Maybe my body just doesn't need very much sleep, but I beg to differ.

One funny thing I've noticed lately is her hiccupping. (at least, I think that's what it is!). I'll feel and see my belly shake and it does it several times in a row. At first, I just thought it was kicks or punches, but it was too patterned for it to be that. I sat on the couch laughing the other night as I saw my whole stomach shake.

She continues to move around and kick a lot. If I put my hand on my stomach she'll often kick at it and it makes me jump because its so strong I feel like I can feel her foot coming out. Rob feels her a lot too, but for some reason, the second he'll put his hand on my belly, she'll quit. I think it's because he calms her down and I rev her up. Sweet daddy.

I go next Friday for my glucose screening. I am pretty nervous for this, but I know there is not a ton I can do to influence the outcome. I will try not to eat or drink too much sugar next week. We will see how it goes. Hopefully I won't have to go back for the 3 hour screening. Who has 3 hours to spend at the doctor???

Like I said in my previous post, a lot of nesting has gone on the last few days. I have also started to add some things to my registry and am not feeling as overwhelmed as I had in the past weeks. (This is a great thing!)

Here is a picture Courtney's husband put together of the two of us at 25 weeks. I hope she doesn't mind me posting this. I love it!
(Edited to add: Courtney is not pregnant right now. This was when she WAS pregnant with Berkley back in 2009!)

2 comments:

  1. I wake up at 5 every morning and never really go back to sleep either. This is the most anxious time of my day! I guess its our bodies adjusting for what is to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I have to get up at 5 in order to get to work :) Glad to hear that someone else is anxious too!

    ReplyDelete