Thursday, January 27, 2011

Is there an alien in there?

Last night, after eating 3 scrumptious tacos, I was sitting on the couch relaxing with Rob when all of a sudden, Emmeline started flipping out -- literally. I felt like I was on a rollercoaster. Feeling your baby move inside of you really is one of the most amazing indescribable feelings. I love it... most of the time... but this just felt really weird. I know it'll get weirder the bigger she gets and the more I start seeing feet and knees and elbows poking out.

I just sat on the couch with my shirt pulled up looking at my belly in amazement. One second she'd be on one side of my stomach and the next I would see a little push out on the other side. I kept trying to get Rob to see it, but as usual, the second you tell them to look, they stop.

This morning we had a 2 hour delay for school. It was AWESOME. I had already showered and gotten ready besides getting dressed, so I just put my PJ's back on and climbed back in bed with Rob. I knew I was already too awake to go back to sleep, but it couldn't hurt to just lay there for a while. I threw my full body Boppy (more on that later) off of the bed and decided to give Rob some cuddle time (he hates having that pillow in between us!) The second I shimmied up to his back BOOM she started kicking hard. I guess Rob was fast asleep because he told me he couldn't feel it. I just laughed everytime she did it because, to me, it felt like it was hard enough for him to be able to feel.

So yes, my lovely daughter feels more like an alien at this point, but I love her so much. Last night was one of those nights where I just kind of looked down at my stomach and was like "Oh my GAH, there is a baby in there!!!" (Sorry, but this still absolutely blows my mind...)

PS: Nursery furniture got put together last night. So exciting and lots less stress for me today. I am so glad I no longer have to go in there and look at boxes. It looks great. Will post later!

No comments:

Post a Comment