Saturday, January 29, 2011

Emmy's Nursery

I am thrilled to say that Emmeline's crib and dresser/changing table have now been fully assembled. YAY! We received the large boxes from PB Kids a couple weeks ago and they have been sitting in the empty room. We kept saying "We'll do it tonight...", but then tonight would come and I'd be exhausted or Rob would have had a long day at work. We finally decided Wednesday night that it was time to bite the bullet.

The furniture really wasn't hard to put together at all, thankfully. Rob doesn't really enjoy much crafty hands-on projects, so he was nervous, but he did great. I was able to help some too, but I mostly got in the way or annoyed Rob telling him that I wasn't sure he put something in the right spot. I took some Flip videos that hopefully Emmy will watch one day and think are funny.

The longest part of the job was the clean-up. Big boxes and styrofoam and paper all over the place. We managed to clean out the nursery and put all the boxes in the dining room. (Our trash doesn't get picked up until Tuesday)

I was SO excited that her furniture was in there that I went upstairs, got all her clothes and things and brought them downstairs. Her crib is now full of onesies and dresses and her changing table has swaddling blankets and her monogrammed bloomers sitting on it. The room looks great. It is a pretty pale yellow with three windows. The light comes in beautifully in the afternoon. We still have to get the chair and probably a stand to go beside the chair or maybe a little bookcase. One step at a time!

I am so thankful for Rob to take the time and have the patience to put our daughter's bed together. It was a such a fun night! Here are some pics from his blackberry of the progress.

Crib Mommy and crib (I think I look like I'm about to drop her out right there!)Dresser/with changing top (The light fixture in there now has a spotlight shining on it... will have to replace!)

No comments:

Post a Comment